Over the Top Video
The Next Trend in Video Delivery: Managed Cloud-Based Solutions for MultiScreen OTT Video Delivery
Consumption of broadband-delivered video is climbing sharply as consumers choose video on-demand (VOD) versus scheduled programming. Longer work days, more travel, and a proliferation of devices that enable ubiquitous access to broadband networks anywhere, anytime are driving this demand. Research from The Diffusion Group (TDG) predicts that by 2020 the consumption of broadband video — content stored and distributed over an open IP architecture — will surpass the consumption of traditional broadcast TV programming.
As broadband TV transitions from a niche play market to the standard way that viewers watch and interact with their media, the cable and network operators that rise to the top will transition from being a basic communications vehicle to a core part of the media value chain. Whether you’re a mobile provider that wants to leverage an OTT cloud-based solution, or a traditional carrier looking to virtualize your infrastructure, our OTT platform solution enables you to enrich your audience’s experience by converging the connected devices and screens of today for always-on media services.
Transition from proprietary closed networks to OTT’s open architecture
The KIT Platform’s broadcast-grade, modular architecture supports the delivery of highly customized OTT solutions that meet the demands of the world’s most advanced and large-scale broadband video deployments. Our core methodology provides a flexible deployment model that includes open cloud, managed private cloud, and hybrid cloud options, while allowing the platform to be easily extended through the addition of new, discrete components, as well as integration with third-party solutions. To support your deployment, we have more than 20 years of broadcast systems integration experience with a proven track record of helping companies to bridge the gap between traditional broadcast and software-based new media systems.
KIT digital’s OTT platform solution offers a number of benefits for your business. You can:
- Take advantage of an open architecture that enables you to simplify your infrastructure, leverage increased bandwidth to improve quality, and reduce costs.
- Virtualize your infrastructure with overlaid IP capabilities to ensure customer continuity and ease the transition to new technologies and offerings.
- Reduce your reliance on expensive hardware in favor of software-based solutions that can be more easily upgraded and include features such as linear play out, signal acquisition, user management, secure delivery, content lifecycle workflow tools, and more.
- Rapidly and cost-effectively configure native mobile and connected device applications to deliver “TV Everywhere,” as well as online video to audiences on multiple platforms.
- Develop new service and business models in the areas of digital rights management, device interconnection, and advanced advertising and billing.
- Deploy centralized management of pay-per-view, advertising and other subscription-based revenue models that deliver geo-targeted and socio-demographic content to increase viewership and drive advertising revenues.
- Allow consumers to create personalized portals where they can choose their own content, much like a personalized web page.
- Introduce dual-screen interactivity as a clear differentiator, video-on-demand (VOD), web browsing, and social tools such as rating and commenting.
- Enable your audience to interact with social apps on their mobile or tablet device to rate, share, and comment with peers while watching their favorite programs on the big screen.